Tuesday 18 September 2012

Note to self!

Being over prepared as always I was reviewing the route for the dunstable marathon and dang well injured myself good n propper! 

Not only did I badly sprain my ankle, I've wrenched my hip out of alignment too!

So, not only did I miss out on the marathon, I've still not been able to run more than a couple miles before I'm crippled by pain!

What have I learnt?

You may feel as fit as ox but some injuries really need good rest to heal properly. Plus all the doctors want to do is chuck painkillers at me!?!?!

6 weeks & 4 missed races later I'm finally seeing some improvement! Ugh!

Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back to my long distance target and I'll run the marathon route just because it was so much fun figuring out the route instructions, Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment